Mysore, Feb. 27 (AH&DM)- A printing press and a photo lamination shop located on Narayana Shastry Road in city caught fire last night, reportedly due to a short circuit, following which goods worth lakhs of rupees were gutted.

Fire first broke out in SRS Printers and Shivagana Photo Lamination in the shopping complex owned by Ranganath, a local resident, at about 9.40 pm last night, following which the emanating smoke spread to I-Fashion Shop located in the same building and Kuber Associates and Prime Consultants offices in the adjacent building.

The fire personnel, who immediately arrived at the spot, were successful in dousing the fire after an hour long operation involving 25 firemen. Guruprasad, Sashikumar and Thyagaraj Khande, the passersby, who were the first to notice smoke billowing out from the building, went upstairs and managed to save the aged Ranganath from being burnt.

Shivagana Photo Lamination Shop proprietor Sangam later told reporters that the fire caused by short circuit had gutted 2 computers, 2 lamination machines, wood materials and Rs. 10,000 currency notes.

Fire Officer Gurulingaiah said that there was no loss of life or injuries in the fire that broke out. Also, expensive goods have not been gutted in the fire. The fire accident has been caused by electric short circuit, he added.

Devaraja Police have registered a case in this regard.

The Police had a tough time in controlling the crowd which had gathered in large numbers and had to resort to mild lathi charge to disperse the curious crowd.

Courtesy : Star Of Mysore