Mysore, Oct. 3 (BRS)- Visitors to the city coming specially to witness Dasara festival can avail Home-Stay facilities, which have been readied at 10 locations in and around city.
Although extending hospitality through Home-Stay to tourists coming to Mysore for Dasara had been a tradition, the District Administration had not permitted it during last year's Dasara. The practice of Home-Stay has been revived this time and information relating to the locations are being provided to the tourists who seek the facility.
Permission has not been given to all aspirants for operating Home-Stay. Only after being satisfied about the safety of tourists, permission is being accorded by the Department of Tourism to the applicants who have shown their willingness to provide hospitality.
The Department of Tourism has stipulated that there should be separate bedrooms for the guests and details of food offered to them should be provided. Basic amenities should also be available for the guests, in addition to security. Permission will be given to operate Home-Stay only if these norms are adhered to. Out of the 10 Home-Stay which are ready in Mysore, some are in the luxury class, with air-conditioned rooms and other comforts, ensuring a happy stay to the tourists.
Speaking to Star of Mysore, Jayaram, Asst. Director, Department of Tourism, disclosed that many applications had been received seeking permission for Home-Stays and verification of their addresses had been assigned to the Police Department.
Home-Stays in other districts are not as popular as those in Kodagu district, for the main reason that there are not many hotels in that district. Another reason for Home-Stay not picking up outside Kodagu is the aggressive promotion of their business by hoteliers through agents.
List of approved Home-Stays in Mysore District
- • Parvathi Nanjappa, #6, JP Nagar (Ph: 2371723)
- • Yamuna, c/o K.M. Achaiah, Geethanjali Home-Stay, Siddarthanagar (9886117919)
- • Taz Sugunan, Hill View Farm, Chikkahalli, T.N. Pura Rd., Vajamangala Post (2901841)
- • P.V. Suraj, #25/65, Lalitha Mahal Palace Road (2475900/ 9844046917)
- • Saraswathi Krishnamurthy, #104/1-2, Klaris Bruk, Madagarahalli (9900385102)
- • Sudhakar Pai, #1/D, Vihar Marg, Siddharthanagar (9880735241)
- • Shalini Chandran, #1199, 2nd Cross, 4th Stage, T.K. Layout (9480445388)
- • B.K. Sanjay, Nandanavana Farm, opp. Helipad, Siddharthanagar (2472727/ 9945401551)
- • B.V. Nagaraju, Ganigarakoppalu, Bannur, T.N. Pura Taluk (9945356502)
- • M.H. Rita, #1106, 10th Main, Gokulam 3rd Stage (9342124612).
Courtesy : Star Of Mysore