Mysore, June 30- B.B. Verma, Divisional Rly. Manager (DRM), South Western Railway-Mysore Division, inaugurated the 14th Divisional Railway Users' Consultative Meeting in city on June 29.
Welcoming the members, the DRM highlighted the performance of Mysore Division in the current financial year 2010-11 (upto the end of May 2010). He stated that the cumulative passenger earnings in the first two months have shown an impressive growth of 7.28% over last year. The number of passengers carried has also registered a growth of 16.30% compared to the previous year, he said.
He stated that it would be the constant endeavour of the Division to provide maximum satisfaction to the rail users. Mysore Division is embarking on a mission to provide enhanced customer satisfaction by the following system improvement and innovations, he added. He stated that the following planned works are under various stages of implementation:
1. Dual Display (Terminal Repeaters) at all important reservation and booking offices over Mysore Division.
2. On board audio-video infotainment system on Mysore-Banga-lore-Mysore Chamundi Express.
3. Micro-processor based LED destination boards for trains having primary maintenance at Mysore.
4. Escalator at Mysore Railway Station to connect PF 1 with other platforms.
5. Digital waitlist reservation chart display at important stations of Mysore Division.
6. Air-conditioned dormitory at Mysore.
7. Landscaping of important stations of Mysore Division.
8. RO water plants at important stations over Mysore Division.
9. Battery operated buggies for physically challenged and senior citizens at important stations over Mysore Division.
While thanking the members of the consultative committee for their active participation and cooperation in bringing about various improvements in passenger amenities, he sought constructive suggestions from them in future as well.
Sr. Branch Officers of Mysore Division and members of consultative committee representing the interests of Mysore District Federation of Consumer Organisation, nominees of Members of Parliament, Chamber of Commerce & Industry and Passenger Associations participated in the deliberations.
Courtesy : Star Of Mysore