The members of Mysore Chamber of Commerce and Industry (MCCI) and a delegation of city traders together met Revenue and District In-charge Minister V. Sreenivasa Prasad here recently and discussed in detail regarding the development works in the district. A memorandum was also submitted to the Minister with the following highlights.
1. Mysore-Bangalore railway double track: The long pending work should be expedited to facilitate the daily commuters and business people.
2. Mandakalli Airport: Only three flights arrive and depart every week to and from Mysore which should be increased to daily flights to facilitate the passengers and tourists.
3. Drinking water problem: The perennial drinking water problem in city should be attended as JUSCO had failed in its assigned mission. The population too has swelled to about 13 lakh and the distribution system is inadequate.
4. Power problem: The district has 26,000 industries and city has 30,000 trade licence holders. CESC claims inadequate power to cater to large demand which should be attended.
5. Mysore-Nanjangud Road: The road should be converted to four lane to ease traffic movement and prevent accidents.
6. NICE corridor: Mysore-Bangalore Express corridor project has still remained a distant dream which should be executed fast to reduce the journey time between the two cities.
7. Parking complex: No parking complex (multi level) has been sanctioned for city in the last State budget. They are very badly needed at Ashoka Circle, opposite sub-urban bus stand, near Zoo, behind Nanjaraja Bahadur Choultry and near Nallappatana Police Station.
8. Vehicle entry tax: Entry tax should be abolished for tourist vehicles from Tamil Nadu and Kerala entering city. The tax is a hindrance for tourism growth.
9. Outer ring road: The work on the balance stretch of road linking Bannur Road and Nanjangud road should be expedited.
10. Industrial township Authority: On the lines of electronic city in Bangalore, the industrial areas of Hootagalli, Metagalli and Hebbal should be covered under Industrial Township Authority.
11. Heritage buildings: The heritage building in city should be preserved by constituting a committee headed by senior citizens.
12. National Highway: It is learnt that a national highway link has been sanctioned from Malavalli to Kannur which should be extended till Mysore.
13. Sand shortage: The sand mafia in the district should be eradicated which is affecting the construction work.
14. Dasara preparation: The preparations for Dasara always begin late hampering the quality of work thus necessitating the constitution of a Dasara Authority. The Minister assured the delegation that he would do the needful.
The delegation led by MCCI President Sudhakar S. Shetty comprised Mysore Traders Association President S. Mahadev, industrialists Srishaila Ramannanavar, Ravindra Swamy and HIEMA President N.H. Jayanth.
Courtesy : Star Of Mysore