Mysore, Sept.24 (SB)- As part of Dasara-2010, the Mahila Dasara Sub-Committee will be conducting various competitions for women from Oct. 13 to 15 at different venues in city. The contests are as follows:
1. Sports: Town Hall, Mysore, from Oct.13 to 15 (3 pm to 6 pm). The contests will include throw-ball, skipping, musical chair, fast walking etc. For details, contact the Child Welfare Officer of the respective taluk or B.C. Bette-gowda, Child Welfare Officer, in front of Gowri Shankar Theatre, K.R. Nagar [Ph: 08223-262714 or 9480135637].
2. Rangoli: In front of Kote Anjaneya Swamy Temple, Palace North Gate on Oct.13 (7 am to 8.30 am). Contact S.N. Rajamma, Asst. Child Welfare Officer, Hullahalli Road, near LIC Office, Nanjangud [08221-226168 or 9916695481].
3. Talent Hunt (for girls): Town Hall, on Oct. 13 (2.30 pm to 4.30 pm). Includes Solo & group dances. Contact Gayatri Lakshman, Office Supervisor, Taluk Social Welfare Office, Mysore ; For women (6.15 pm to 8 pm): Contact S. Rani, Backward Classes Extension Officer, Taluk Panchayat, Hunsur [99001-21556].
4. Hairstyle (for women): Town Hall, on Oct. 13 (4.45 pm to 6 pm). Contact Vijaya M. Nayak, Supervisor, Child Welfare Scheme, Bal Bhavan, Bannimantap, Mysore City .
5. Mehendi: Town Hall, on Oct. 14 (2 pm to 3.30 pm). Somalatha, Asst. Director, Women and Child Welfare Department, Mysore .
6. Fashion Show: Town Hall, on Oct. 14 (6.15 pm to 7.45 pm). Contact Padma, Child Welfare Officer, Metikuppe Road, near Post Office, H.D. Kote [08228-255320 or 9986567184].
7. Tanjavur Painting: Town Hall, on Oct. 15 (2 pm to 4 pm). Contact Somalatha, Asst. Director, Women and Child Welfare Department, Mysore .
8. Cooking: Town Hall, on Oct. 15 (4.15 pm to 6 pm). Contact S.N. Rajamma, Asst. Child Welfare Officer, Nanjangud .
9.Exhibition of traditional dresses and ornaments: Town Hall, on Oct. 15 (6.15 pm to 7.45 pm). Contact Padma, Child Welfare Officer, H.D. Kote .
10. All the participants should register their names at their respective Taluk Child Welfare Office before Oct.6.
Courtesy : Star Of Mysore